"The Real Real" by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus


Confession, I don't like chic-lit very much. I just find it quite shallow sometimes (most of the time). But, and this is a big but, I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS. I think the witty, sarcastic, quick dialogue is incredible, and anything but shallow!
For this same reason, I adore Emma and Nicola! When I first read The Nanny Diaries, about 6 years ago, I laughed from the first to last page, and then read it over and over again! It is golden! They kept their same hilarious dialogue and modern sarcasm in the new YA book, The Real Real.
Set in The Hampton's of Long Island, New York, The Real Real introduces Jesse, an average, non-fabulous, teenager. She, however un-interesting she may seem, is chosen for a reality TV show for XTV (think MTV). The Real Hampton Beach, is a huge hit, but not without it's disadvantages.



Posted by Erin Reifsnider

Young Adult Program Planner
Book Reader
Mind Reader
Movie Viewer


No comments:

Post a Comment