"The Summoning" by kelley armstrong

In this first installment of the Dark Powers series, we meet Chloe, a girl with a literal (or not so literal????) "sixth sense". I listened to this book on a plane, turned up high to drown out the engine, and when the plane landed I didn't want to get off! The beginning was that good! But after my weekend vacation, as I sat down with the book again, I just couldn't get into it! It suddenly became a little forced, and the characters were not, in my opinion the most believable. But when I finally made myself finish it, I was okay with how it ended. It was a little slow in the middle, like trying to chew a Rollo, but altogether it was pretty decent! It set up nicely for a sequel, and contains enough paranormal activity to keep all you ghost hunters amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment