"Living Dead Girl" by Elizabeth Scott


What drew me to this book was it's size and title. Living Dead Girl, it sounded like my type of book. I opened it, scanned it's pages, and was even more intrigued by the short and poetic to the point chapters, and raving reviews from authors like Ellen Hopkins, Crank.

Nothing, though, could have prepared me for this book. Read in one evening, Living Dead Girl is going to haunt me for months, maybe years.

This book is about pain. This book is about abuse. This book is NOT for everyone.

But as Ellen Hopkins put it, "Some books are read and put away. Others demand to be talked about. Elizabeth Scott's Living Dead Girl will be talked about."

Recommended for Mature Readers Only

Erin Reifsnider
Young Adult Program Planner
Book Reader
Movie Viewer


No comments:

Post a Comment